Saturday, June 5, 2010

Summertime

Lucky me! I get to go through my third trimester during the hot, humid, stink that is summer in NYC. With that in mind, I'll need to plan some summer get aways that only require a bathing suit and some sunscreen. Now, if you've never been pregnant then you've never thought about how huge your chest is going to get in such a short amount of time. It's actually pretty disturbing. I recently tried on (or to be more accurate, held up in front of me) my bikini tops and realized they weren't happening anytime this year. A quick google search for maternity swimwear had me freaking out. Tankinis?? Floral grandma looking one pieces?? Yeah, right!! And by the way, did you know "halterkini" is considered a word?


Since my bathing suit bottoms fit exactly the same I realized my best bet was to try and buy a few bikini tops that are 2 sizes larger that would match bottoms that I already have. The only place I ended up being able to find options was Victoria's Secret. Every year their Swim collection is super sexy and fresh so I was psyched to find something exactly at the moment that I was about to have a freak out about shitty maternity swimwear.

The Retro push-up triangle top in poesia aqua and the Push-up bandeau top in diva pink are two of my favorites. 

It's hard to feel like Alessandra or Candice while your waistline dissappears but it's nice to know the VS Swim wear is still an option as it happens!

No comments: